Beginning in July 2020, I will be hosting virtual classes and short courses about pollinators, native plants, songbirds and other backyard wildlife, gardening for pollinators, gardening with native plants, etc. The classes will focus on the eastern U.S. and specifically on Kentucky, Tennessee, and the surrounding states (IL, IN, OH, WV, VA, NC, GA, AL, MS, AR, MO).
A tentative list of upcoming classes and short courses can be found below. Links to class descriptions and registration information will be added as the courses become finalized. Everyone is invited to register for the classes or short courses. If you would like for me to speak specifically to your group, please see my public speaking page.
Upcoming Virtual Classes and Short Courses
- Nov. 18, 2020: Planting for Honey Bees: A Guide for Beekeepers
- Registration is required.
- Deadline to register is Nov. 17, 2020.
- Limited to 100 participants.
Tentative Schedule for Future Virtual Classes and Short Courses (Subject to change)
- Jan. 2021: 5 Reasons to Plant Natives
- Feb. 2021: To be determined
- March 2021: Planting for Bees, Butterflies, and Hummingbirds: A Short Course
- April 2021: To be determined
- May 2021: Incorporating Native Plants into Your Yard
Past Virtual Classes and Short Courses
- July 8, 15, 22, 29, 2020: Honey Bees, Native Bees, and Creating a Bee-Friendly Landscape: A Short Course
- Aug. 19, 2020: Botany for Beekeepers: Answering the question, “Will honey bees use this flower?”
- Sept. 16, 2020: Fall Butterfly Gardening
- Oct. 14, 2020: Providing Winter Habitat for Butterflies and Native Bees