April has been a busy month! The plants that overwintered in the nursery are waking up fast and the new seedlings are rapidly outgrowing their indoor space. I desperately need the weather to stabilize so we can move more plants outside. Happily, it looks like it may do so soon.
A couple of weekends ago, I was honored to participate in the Hopkinsville / Christian County Outdoor Living and Gardening Expo. I enjoyed being a speaker and being able to talk to everyone at my booth for the rest of the day. I want to say a big “Thank you” to the Hopkinsville / Christian County Master Gardeners for organizing and hosting the event, and to everyone who came by my booth to learn more about pollinators and wildlife or to purchase native plants, honey, or my books.
I am also really excited because I picked up my newest book, Attract Pollinators and Wildlife to Your Yard: 15 Free and Easy Ways, from the printer last week. I originally expected to have this book published at the end of last year, but ended up having to switch printers three times due to production issues. It was frustrating going through that, but I finally discovered a great local printer who I look forward to working with in the future. If you pre-ordered a copy, then watch your mailboxes around the end of the week or early next week. Anthony took all of the pre-orders to the Post Office for me this morning.
This coming Friday is Earth Day and on Saturday I have another event that I am looking forward to. This Saturday, April 23, I will be doing a presentation on Planting for Pollinators and will be having a Native Plant Sale at Lost River Cave in Bowling Green, KY as part of their Earth Week Celebration. I can’t wait and am confident that it will be another fun event. More details can be found below along with details about my upcoming events and activities in May.
Don’t forget, I’m actively booking in-person and virtual speaking engagements, community events, and field days / workshops for 2022. If you are interested in having me speak at an upcoming meeting or event, please contact me to discuss fees and availability.
- April 23, 2022: Native Plant Sale and Educational Event
- As part of Lost River Cave’s Earth Week celebration, I will be presenting a seminar and having a booth where I will be selling my native plants, honey, and books. I am taking pre-orders until noon on Thursday, April 21, if you want to make sure I bring what you want.
- May 6, 2022: Pre-ordered delivery to Glasgow, KY
- May 6 starts my pre-ordered deliveries of native plants, honey, and books to Glasgow, KY. All of the details can be found on my brand new Busy Bee Nursery and Consulting website. A link with a list of available plants will be added to the event page approximately one week prior to the delivery. (This is the time of year when new species are rapidly becoming available and some of the earliest species may be selling out.)
- May 7, 2022: Pre-ordered delivery to Bowling Green, KY
- May 7 starts my pre-ordered deliveries of native plants, honey, and books to Bowling Green, KY. All of the details can be found on my brand new Busy Bee Nursery and Consulting website. A link with a list of available plants will be added to the event page approximately one week prior to the delivery. (This is the time of year when new species are rapidly becoming available and some of the earliest species may be selling out.)
- May 21, 2022: Nursery Open House at our farm
- We will have our first open house of the season for Busy Bee Nursery and Consulting at the farm on May 21 from 10:00 – 4:00. We’ll have native plants, honey, and books available. Since we have limited parking space, we are making this a “by appointment” event. Each appointment will be for a 30 minute slot which will also give you lots of one-on-one time to ask any questions you may have about the plants or which ones may work best in your garden. Details, including a link to make your appointment can be found on the event page. Approximately one week prior to the Open House, I will be adding a link with a detailed listing of all the plants that we will have available at the Open House.