Approximately once every other week, I am doing pre-paid, contact-free deliveries/pick-ups of native plants, duck eggs, honey, etc. in Bowling Green and Glasgow. If I can get enough orders for one location, I’m also willing to consider doing drop-offs in other cities. It that’s something you might be interested in, please let me know.
Details about next contact-free deliveries:
Items available (posted approximately a week before next pick-up)
- Feb. 16 and 17
- Honey ($12 for a 13 oz jar)
- my book, Plants Honey Bees Use in the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys ($32)
- Notecards from my shop
- Gift cards for native plants from Busy Bee Nursery & Consulting (you choose the amount, plants must be picked up in Bowling Green or Glasgow and will be available starting in April 2021)
- Order deadline: Feb. 15, 8:00 a.m.
Date, time, and locations:
- February 16, 2021: 9:30 a.m., parking lot of the WKU Small Business Development Center (a.k.a. old mall), Bowling Green, KY
- February 17, 2021: 9:30 a.m., Beaver Creek Park, 115 Beaver Trail, Glasgow, KY
- March 2021: To be announced
Want this information emailed to you?
- Emails will be sent approximately 1 week before the next pick-up.
- Fill out this form to subscribe. You can unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- As more places open up and more people go back to work, I am wondering if there is a better time or day to meet.
- Would an evening pick-up (5:00? 5:30? Other?) work better?
- Would Saturday morning be better?
- If there is a day or time that works really well for you (or doesn’t work well for you) please let me know.
Frequently asked questions about contact-free deliveries
How do the pick-ups work?
- Several days to a week before the contact-free delivery date, I will post a list of the plants and other items I currently have available on my website and Facebook page.
- You review the list, then let me know what you want, whether you want to pick up in Glasgow or Bowling Green. If you have questions about the plants or other items, you can always email me and I’ll be happy to answer them.
- I’ll make sure I still have everything that you want. Orders are filled on a first-come-first-served basis and some items may be in limited supply.
- I’ll email you an invoice that you can pay online.
- We’ll meet at the appropriate time and location.
- I will be wearing a mask for you and your family’s protection. I ask that you please do the same for me and my family.
- I’ll have all your items set out when you arrive and will have backed away an appropriate distance.
- We can wave, chat for a minute, etc. as you pick up your items.
- We wish each other well and go our separate ways so that everyone can stay safe and healthy.
What if I prefer to pay by cash or check?
Let me know when you send the list of items you want. I’ll put an empty flower pot next to your order. When you pick up your order, drop exact cash or a check into the flower pot. I’ll let the money sit for a few days before taking it out of the flower pot.
How do you pick my plants?
When I pick the plants for your order, I pick the plants that I would chose for myself based on anything you might have told me about your site or what you are looking for from the plants. If I’m debating between two different individuals, for example a taller more tree-shaped buttonbush or a shorter bushier buttonbush, then I’ll contact you and ask which you want. Or if I find that a hungry caterpillar or rabbit has made a snack out of all the plants of one of the species you wanted then I will contact you and see what you want to do. Basically, I try to do exactly what I would want someone to do for me if they were choosing the plants I was going to buy.
What if I’m not sure which plants would work best in my yard?
Contact me and let’s talk. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have or to help guide you towards good choices for your site. It always helps to know as much as possible about the site and your goals / preferences. Some of the types of information that would be useful to know include:
- Do you want a tree / shrub, wildflower, or vine?
- Is the site wet or dry, sunny or shady?
- Are you interested in attracting birds, butterflies, bees (native, honey, or both), etc.?
- Do you want a plant that is going to spread a bunch or one that isn’t going to spread much?
- How tall do you want the plant to get?