Approximately once every other week, I am doing pre-paid, contact-free deliveries/pick-ups of native plants, duck eggs, honey, etc. in Bowling Green and Glasgow. If I can get enough orders for one location, I’m also willing to consider doing drop-offs in other cities. It that’s something you might be interested in, please let me know.
Details about next pick-ups:
Items available (posted approximately a week before next pick-up)
- June 30 and July 1: List of available items
- Order deadline: June 29, 8:00 a.m.
Date, time, and locations:
- June 30, 2020: 9:30 a.m., parking lot of the WKU Small Business Development Center (a.k.a. old mall), Bowling Green, KY
- July 1, 2020: 9:30 a.m., side parking lot of Eastern Elementary, Glasgow, KY
- July 14, 2020: 9:30 a.m., parking lot of the WKU Small Business Development Center (a.k.a. old mall), Bowling Green, KY
- July 15, 2020: 9:30 a.m., side parking lot of Eastern Elementary, Glasgow, KY
Frequently asked questions
How do the pick-ups work?
- Several days to a week before the pick-up date, I will post a list of the plants and other items I currently have available on my website and Facebook page.
- You review the list, then let me know what you want, whether you want to pick up in Glasgow or Bowling Green, and a good time to call you for payment info. If you have questions about the plants or other items, you can always email me and I’ll be happy to answer them.
- I’ll make sure I still have everything that you want. Orders are filled on a first-come-first-served basis and some items may be in limited supply.
- I’ll call you at the appropriate time and get your payment information. (E-mail is not a secure method of sending sensitive information like credit card numbers.)
- We’ll meet at the appropriate time and location.
- I’ll have all your items set out when you arrive and will have backed away an appropriate distance.
- We can wave, chat for a minute, etc. as you pick up your items.
- We wish each other well and go our separate ways so that everyone can stay safe and healthy.
What if I prefer to pay by cash or check?
Let me know when you send the list of items you want. I’ll put an empty flower pot next to your order. When you pick up your order, drop exact cash or a check into the flower pot. I’ll let the money sit for a few days before taking it out of the flower pot.
Can I call you with my card information?
I prefer to call you because then I can make sure I’m at the computer when we talk and can enter your information directly into my card processing system so that your data stays secure.
How do you pick my plants?
When I pick the plants for your order, I pick the plants that I would chose for myself based on anything you might have told me about your site or what you are looking for from the plants. If I’m debating between two different individuals, for example a taller more tree-shaped buttonbush or a shorter bushier buttonbush, then I’ll contact you and ask which you want. Or if I find that a hungry caterpillar or rabbit has made a snack out of all the plants of one of the species you wanted then I will contact you and see what you want to do. Basically, I try to do exactly what I would want someone to do for me if they were choosing the plants I was going to buy.
What if I’m not sure which plants would work best in my yard?
Contact me and let’s talk. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have or to help guide you towards good choices for your site. It always helps to know as much as possible about the site and your goals / preferences. Some of the types of information that would be useful to know include:
- Do you want a tree / shrub, wildflower, or vine?
- Is the site wet or dry, sunny or shady?
- Are you interested in attracting birds, butterflies, bees (native, honey, or both), etc.?
- Do you want a plant that is going to spread a bunch or one that isn’t going to spread much?
- How tall do you want the plant to get?