Overview for Winter 2021-2022 Season
Throughout the winter, I will be offering a series of monthly deliveries in Bowling Green and Glasgow. All deliveries are by pre-order only and are to be picked up at the designated location.
I will begin having native plants available again in mid- to late-April. More plants will be available as the season progresses. I do have gift certificates available if you would like to purchase a gift certificate for someone to use in the nursery once the season begins again.
Current list of items available
Details about next contact-free deliveries:
- Glasgow, KY
- February 11, 2022
- March 18, 2022
- Bowling Green, KY
- February 12, 2022
- March 19, 2022
Details about next Open House
- I am not currently planning to do anymore Open Houses for the 2021 Season.
- Open Houses will likely resume in April or May 2022.
- Sign up for my emails to receive details about the 2022 Open Houses.
Want this information emailed to you?
- Emails will be sent approximately 1 week before the next pick-up.
- Fill out this form to subscribe.
- Pick the option to receive emails about Busy Bee Nursery and Consulting.
- You can unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Frequently asked questions about contact-free deliveries
What if I prefer to pay by cash or check?
Let me know when you send the list of items you want. I’ll put an empty flower pot next to your order. When you pick up your order, drop exact cash or a check into the flower pot.
How do you pick my plants?
When I pick the plants for your order, I pick the plants that I would chose for myself based on anything you might have told me about your site or what you are looking for from the plants. If I’m debating between two different individuals, for example a taller more tree-shaped buttonbush or a shorter bushier buttonbush, then I’ll contact you and ask which you want. Or if I find that a hungry caterpillar or rabbit has made a snack out of all the plants of one of the species you wanted then I will contact you and see what you want to do. Basically, I try to do exactly what I would want someone to do for me if they were choosing the plants I was going to buy.
What if I’m not happy with the plants that you picked out for me?
If you are not satisfied with any of the plants that I picked for you, please let me know before you leave with them and I will be happy to keep those plants and refund your money for them. I cannot be responsible for them after you take possession of them.
What if I’m not sure which plants would work best in my yard?
Contact me and let’s talk. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have or to help guide you towards good choices for your site. It always helps to know as much as possible about the site and your goals / preferences. Some of the types of information that would be useful to know include:
- Do you want a tree / shrub, wildflower, or vine?
- Is the site wet or dry, sunny or shady?
- Are you interested in attracting birds, butterflies, bees (native, honey, or both), etc.?
- Do you want a plant that is going to spread a bunch or one that isn’t going to spread much?
- How tall do you want the plant to get?
If you want more detailed help, I also offer consulting services to help you create the pollinator and wildlife services of your dreams. I offer a variety of consulting packages. Please contact me if you would like to discuss this option.